ATM Safety Notice
1. At ATMs:
- Be aware of your surroundings and exercise caution when withdrawing funds.
- Inspect ATMs for tampering or for unauthorized attachments that capture information.
- Put cash away immediately.
- Don't count cash until you're in a locked enclosure (i.e., your car or home)
- Make sure no one is watching you enter your code or PIN.
2. Protect your ATM or debit card:
- Treat your card as if it were cash.
- Safety envelopes may prevent unauthorized scanning of debit cards with imbedded chips.
3. Reporting a lost or stolen ATM or debit card to Pegasus Bank:
- Call 214-353-3000 (during banking hours) or 1-888-297-3416 (after hours) to report the loss or the theft. Your liability may increase the longer the loss or theft goes unreported.
- Obtain a new card and PIN.
- If your checkbook, social security card or number, driver's license or number, etc. was lost or stolen close your account and open a new one.
4. If a crime was committed, file a report with law enforcement where the crime occurred, and obtain a copy of the offense number.
5. If you see suspicious persons or circumstances:
- Do not use the ATM at that time.
- If you began a transaction, cancel it, take your card, and leave.
- Come back at another time or use another ATM.